- Have you decided what you want your administrative system for: VAT records, corporation tax and accounting purposes, invoicing, credit control, other management information-gathering purposes?
- Have you discovered whether you can manage without a computer-based system?
- Have you spoken with your accountant/ tax adviser to make sure your systems meet his or her needs as well?
- Do you file invoices immediately when they arrive?
- Do your business’s invoices clearly state your terms?
- Do you issue invoices promptly on delivery?
- Do you issue statements promptly each month?
- Do you have a credit chasing timetable, and do you follow it?
- Do you know your statutory obligations as an employer?
If not, we can advise you. Please contact our employment lawyer, Pam Loch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you keep proper records on all your employees?
Checklist Source: Start Up & Run Your Own Business: The Essential Guide to Planning, Funding & Growing your New Enterprise by Jonathan Reuvid (Kogan Page; 8th edition 2011)